Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Trust in Me

He is Kaa. He speaks, and I feel myself slipping. He looks into my eyes and I am lost. Silence echoes in the eternity during which our eyes are locked. Sometimes I feel like I should say something, like these seemingly endless gazes should be strange. But he just continues smiling softly down at me, and I continue to stare, entranced.

Is this what it is to be hypnotized? I wonder, sometimes, when I'm tumbling into this blue depths, marking the myriad freckles dusting his cheeks, or counting the silver and gold shimmering in his beard. It's a bit frightening to be so enthralled.

Then he chuckles and points out how my pupils have all but swallowed the blue surrounding them. This pleases him. He said if I actually got high, it would probably just make them shrink back to normal size.

I've never taken any recreational drug aside from alcohol. I've had the occasional opiate, but only when prescribed by a doctor. My addictions tend to walk...or swagger, speak in low timbres, and stare with an intensity that bleeds its way into your gut and pulls at places you didn't know existed.

He misses nothing, which is both hot and potentially annoying. He comments on something when it seems he hasn't been looking at me. Sometimes he says things without looking at me at all. He says he's always one step ahead. That could get frustrating.

I am possessed. New elements are clawing their way out of my personality. Are they me? Were they always me? Or am I simply responding to pieces of him?

It's interesting that this image should come to me. I created a character in my novel named for a sweet serpent, a blond haired, blue eyed man, tall and freckled. While that character has since morphed into something less appetizing than his original incarnation, the similarities are not lost on me.

It's...curious.

He has called me Kavee, a Persian word meaning "curiosity."

If I am Kavee, he is Kaa.

Trust in me, just in me
Shut your eyes and trust in me
You can sleep safe and sound
Knowing I am around

Slip into silent slumber
Sailing on a silver mist
Slowly and surely your senses
Will cease to resist

Trust in me, just in me
Shut your eyes and trust in me


Wicked Wednesday... a place to be wickedly sexy or sexily wicked

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful description of a connection between you and him.

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful indeed. Nicely written.

    And I love that Susheela Raman version of "trust in me". (I think Siouxsie and the Banshees covered it too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    I saw a belly dance performance to it at a show in April and the song stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete