Saturday, January 9, 2016

Dancer in Red


I took this image to accompany a fiction post earlier this week, but I liked it so much, I decided to throw up a color version for Sinful Sunday. I've always loved the whole slave dancer aesthetic (as if you didn't know). A lot of my dance costumes are inspired by that slave dress design. I have a box full of these filmy scarves in different colors and I enjoy turning them into costumes. I'm rather fond of this shot because it's one of those where I don't hate the way my belly looks, and that's always a good day. 
Sinful Sunday

18 comments:

  1. The color contrasts give this shot an amazing beauty. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the graceful sweep of your leg down to your pretty toes. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot! The juxtaposition of the paleness of your skin and the scarlet (scarf? skirt?) is really striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a skirt made of scarves. So both are correct!

      Delete
  4. I love the grittiness of the floor combined with all the softness. The flowing scarf, your smooth skin, and those curves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast between the strong red and the muted colours of your skin. Such a sexy combination

    mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! The bright red makes your skin look amazing, it's wonderful! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the concept of all the scarves being turned into costumes, hope to see some more examples, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely shade of red!

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shot, love the red against your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful color contrast between your skin tone and the scarf. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're beautiful and so is the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So very perfectly red and draped beautifully - two of my favourite things x x lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a lovely contrast of colours
    BMN x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The strong red pops out so well in contrast with your skin..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the vivid red! To say nothing of your gorgeous leg.

    ReplyDelete