Monday, November 2, 2015

Unmasked: Part 4: The Way of Things


He swept a lock of wet hair out of her face. "Good girl. See? Not so hard."

"Fuck you," she said on a sigh.

He chuckled, his eyes lighting up with amusement. "Are you a Geo Kin?"

"Yes."

"Are you a powerful one?"

She laughed, almost bitterly. "They threw me to the wolves, so I guess not."

"Did they send you to spy on us?"

What were these questions? "If they did, I was not informed."

"Why did they choose you?"

She frowned. What did any of this matter? "You like the fat ones and they don't? I don't know. I'm a gardener. I'm rarely spoken to except to inform me of my shortcomings. I'm sure they thought you would eat me. I can't say I didn't share that assumption. However, I now assume that is not the case since I can't see the logic in beating your food."

The grin he gave her was so full of teeth it was frightening. "No...not in the traditional sense, anyway.

She frowned again, not understanding the joke. Perhaps she didn't want to. He held out a hand to her. She took it, allowing him to help her back to her feet. She pulled her skirts from her belt. They fell back down around her ankles, once again giving her some semblance of modesty. Picking up her satchel, which had fallen to the floor during her whipping, she dug out a comb.

* * *

Rodrick watched her with fascination as she freed her hair, ran the wide-toothed comb through it and wove it back into place. Only the flush of her cheeks signified her exertion. Constantina, such a lovely name, and appropriate for the stubborn woman. He had the feeling he would be spending a great deal of time coloring her hide. The prospect did not displease him. He enjoyed the rushing release of her surrendering to his will. Her ass wasn't hard to look at either.

Jurgen came back through the door now that the commotion was over, Reiner close on his heels. Constantina unconsciously stepped closer to Rodrick. This pleased him. Jurgen noticed too, glancing at her then back at him.

"I suppose this means you're keeping her?"

Rodrick swept a possessive hand down over her ass, giving it a squeeze. She jumped with a squeak.

Jurgen shook his head, tsking dramatically. "So disappointing."

Rodrick gave him a look. "Why don't you two go make yourselves useful and go catch some dinner?"

Jurgen grinned at Constantina "I could go get the little messenger boy. He'd be a bit stringy, but..."

Rodrick let out a warning growl. The other man stepped back out the door, laughing...and promptly tripped over a tree root. He came up snarling, angrily shedding pieces of his scale mail armor as he stalked towards the girl. She looked up at him indifferently, no glint of amusement at the success of her trick showing in her eyes.

"Don't try that Kin shit with me, little girl. You think the alpha is bad, I'll get after you with a stick," he snapped, his face inches from hers.

She tilted her head, her expression unchanging. "Try it. I will find where you bed down and grow a blanket of poison ivy around you while you sleep."

Jurgen just stared at her in shock.

Reiner let out a low whistle and started clapping. "You got him to shut up. I am impressed."

Jurgen whipped around and punched his brother on the arm. Grumbling at each other, they finished stripping out of their clothes and leapt through the door, changing forms as they went. Constantina stood there, watching as they left, seemingly fascinated by the change. Rodrick walked back around the desk and took a seat.

"I hope that threat was not backhandedly directed at me. If so, I would strongly advised against it," he said, resting his arms on the desk.

She gave him a sidelong glance. "Why do you say that?"

He smiled. "Because my bed is also your bed."

Her eyes widened.

"And any such instances of petty revenge will be seen as defiance, and well..." he looked down pointedly at the doubled over belt lying on the edge of the desk. Her eyes traveled to it as well.

"Is that how it's going to be, then?"

He rested his head in one hand. "You will warm up to it, and to other things, to me." She seemed skeptical. "If you find any comfort in it, I am consistent in all things, and I do give fair warning. If you choose to ignore it, that is your decision."

She looked down at her hands clasped in front of her. "I did not understand your euphemism."

He cocked an eyebrow. "Not knowing the consequence is not an excuse when you understand the order."

"I thought you were going it eat me!"

"And yet, I specifically said I was not before you bit me the last time."

"Why am I even having this conversation with you?"

"You are going to be having many conversations with me, so why not this one?" he said, regarding her casually. "It's likely an important one. The faster you get used to your new life, the easier it will be."

She sat down on the chair she'd been bound to earlier. A wince passed over her face as the hard surface met tender flesh. "And what exactly is my new life?"

He noted how she kept her distance. That would change soon enough. His people were affectionate creatures, physical creatures who thrived on touch. Given the distant ways of the Kin, he wondered how they managed to make children.

"First and foremost, you belong to me. I am the alpha of our tribe, so you have nothing to worry about with my wolves. This makes you my responsibility. You will live with me and I will provide for your needs...and you will provided for mine." Her eyes were like saucers. "Yes, that too."

"I...I never..."

"I know." How could he not know? Her scent was purely her own. It was only lightly mingled with his from his rough handling of her. Nothing she'd said thus far indicated any kind of close relationship with anyone. Even now he could smell her confusion at the idea that he wanted to mate with her. He found it a little sad.

"And, naturally, I expect you to obey me. I assume I do not need to explain the consequences of disobedience."

Her eyes drifted to the belt again. "What if I don't agree to this?"

He smiled. "I don't believe I said anything about your agreement being necessary."

She lifted her chin. "I could still make things difficult."

He shrugged. "Be defiant if you want. You know how I plan to deal with that. You're in my kingdom now. I can make life far more difficult for you than you can for me. I can also make life fairly pleasant for you."

He watched the emotions play across her face. Her freedoms among the Kin couldn't have been much greater than what he offered. Different, perhaps, but he liked to think that his captivity was better than her previous isolation. He did not know the extent of her trials, but he offered what he might any mate. Not that she'd know that.

She finally shrugged in defeat. "Fine."

"Good girl."

"Fuck you."

Oh, yes. She was going to be very entertaining.



Wicked Wednesday... a place to be wickedly sexy or sexily wicked

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love her attitude, her personality and wonder how he is going to break her in. If he will ever manage to break her in. Love this!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say, really enjoyed writing this scene. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going. They're fun characters.

      Delete
  2. oh i love this, it reminds me of one of my favorite romance novels EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the name? I might wanna read it?

      Delete