Saturday, November 7, 2015

Mourning

My daddy died on Wednesday. Not the owner, but the man who named me and raised me. Lung cancer. The doctor was baffled. He'd never seen it move that fast. He went in thinking he was having a heart attack and three weeks later he was gone.

I don't think it's hit me yet. I've been crying for 3 weeks, so the screaming I expected when he finally passed never came. I was there. I watched him take his last breath, although none of us realized it at the time.

The funeral is today. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle all of the people.

I just don't understand. He was the healthiest one of all of us and now he's just gone.





Sinful Sunday

17 comments:

  1. Oh, a sad, very sad, post :(

    I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine being without my Dad.

    Your images are so powerful, the pain is palpable.

    I'm lost for words now...

    Flip xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hun, I am so sorry for your loss!! Big hugs...

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge big hugs to you, I hope today passes easily and swiftly. You will be in my thoughts

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs x
    You're images are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry so to hear about your father.
    i can feel the emotion through your photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was present when my father died also. Even if expected it is still a shock, take your time sweetheart. Beautiful images.

    Velvet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness that was so quick. I don't know if swiftness or a longer more drawn out illness is any easier. I lost someone very close to me this time last year so I've shed many tears after seeing this today. I really hope today went as well as it could for you.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry :( My thoughts are with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. my heart and condolences are with you, what a lovely photograph in the midst of what is so much pain. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs and loves. He really was a great man. I'm always here if you need me. =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so very very sorry to read this. I hope the funeral was a good celebration of his life as well as a sad farewell. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so very sorry for your loss!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very sorry for your loss! I hope you will find comfort and joy in fond memories and unexpected places. Peace to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete