Saturday, August 15, 2015

Slave Bells


I have been dancing for years now, but I have never really had a dance community to call my own. The only classes in my area are tribal-based, so I have never really attended any. Peach takes every one she can sign up for, so I get to gate crash their haflas. I enjoy the voluminous skirts of the tribal dancers, their layered costumes, and the bright sounds of their zils. But I am ever a lover of the simple lines of the Middle Eastern costumes, the flashiness of glittering things, the tinkle of coins and bells.

Bells are my vice. Every dancer has the one costume piece they throw all their money at. Mine is bells. I adore them. I have a set in silver and a set in gold. I will collect more as I go, because, above all other pieces, bells are my favorites. I don't see a lot of dancers wear them, and that makes me feel a little unique.

They're just so fuckin' pretty.

Sinful Sunday

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the light and tones in this shot and the clarity of the bells against your skin. What a great image

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful photograph. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous, and the tint gives it a vintage edge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!! I love bells :)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous . . . the detail is fabulous. I LOVE this!!!
    Xxx - K

    ReplyDelete
  6. The detail in this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intricate, delicate, and delightful. I'd nibble anywhere you let me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely beautiful photo. I love the intricate silver chains and bells and the way they are woven over your neck and shoulders. The light seems to caress you, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete