Sunday, March 2, 2014

LDRs Kinda Suck a Little

Long distance relationships are a bitch, I tell you.

I’ve known my Daddy for around 6 years. We met doing some nerdy literary role playing back when MySpace was still a thing and I was still on the edge of jailbait. When I was a mere nooblet, although less jailbaity, with no knowledge of FetLife or most kink websites, he was my encyclopedia of kink. He disappeared for a while during my college years, but around last March, he popped back out of the woodwork and our friendship was renewed.

Sometime in April, he brought up a sort of long-distance playmate arrangement as a temporary amusement until I found someone more local. That, of course, never happened because the pickings around here are slim and he is one charming bastard. So, at some point, we decided this could be a thing. So now it is a thing, complete with plans for relocation when things fall into place.

Now, back to the bitch part.

I’m not much of a protocol whore. I like rules and restrictions, but not random ritualistic stuff that makes things all formal and awkward. I like knowing my dynamic is there, or feeling it, as it were.

For the past couple months, my Daddy’s been kinda distracted by work…and a tiny little microfracture in his spine. Yeah, dude worked so hard he literally broke his back. So for most of January it was work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep. And February has mostly been full of sleep because of broken spines and such.

I don’t fault him for this. I mean, really, how could you fault a guy for having a broken back? But, I miss him, I really do. I miss the regular phone calls. I miss the rules. Well, there are still some rules, but not very obtrusive ones, and some got suspended for practicality. And it sucks to be a service type and not being able to do anything but sit there and be quiet while he sleeps off the broken bits.

I’m just kind of sad right now. It’s been one impediment after the other. He was supposed to visit back in July, but then work became a beast, and, now, with the injury, I’m worried he won’t get to visit at all. I hate the distance. I hate the silence. I hate not being able to do anything to help him.


Long distance. Oi. I no recommend if you can help it. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel ya...This pregnancy has been so hard on me that Daddy has put everything on the back burner... :-(

    ReplyDelete